NOTE: YouTube has a very good video explaining how to do the following. It is recomended over the instructions explained here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ePwfuWoULQ
- Download FlashMe from the official website. There are two versions. One removes the health warning screen for a faster startup time, the other leaves the screen as normal. Choose whichever version you prefer.
- Move the FlashMe installation file to your flash cart. See Flashcart Hombrew Transfer Guide for notes specific to your flashcart/media adaptor
- Insert your flash cart in the GBA slot and a PassMe with a retail game plugged into it in the DS card slot and start up your DS.
- Run the FlashMe install file It will ask you to press a series of buttons to continue. Press them now.
- In order to modify the write-protected part of the firmware, you must open the battery cover while leaving the battery still inside.
- In the upper-left hole, you should see two metal semicircles. You need connect these together to complete the installation. Insert a metal object in this hole.
- Look at the bottom screen of your DS to view the progress of the installation with the metal object still in the hole.
- When the installation is complete, turn off your DS, remove your PassMe, then power your DS on again. FlashMe is now successfully installed!