About FATSort
Homebrew copied onto the SuperCard SD or CF card will be sorted by order the files are placed physically in the FAT structure. This will generally be somewhat random.
To sort in alphabetical order, use FATSort to rebuild the listing.
- Open FATSort and select Alphabetical file/folder sort and select the drive letter of your memory card.
WARNING: This application will shorten long filenames with ~n. Long filenames are 8 characters before the extension. (This does NOT happen for me. Not only did I test it, but I use it regularly with long filenames. - Socket)
WARNING: Do not disconnect the SD/CF card until the program is complete or you may cause damage.
 For Linux
fatsort is a command-line linux utility that performs the same functions as above. I have used it many times and had no problems. It is also included in the Debian repository (apt-get install fatsort)
 Easier method (Recommended)
JohnnyDrama posted his method using Windows Explorer:
- Make a new empty folder on your media card.
- Go to the existing folder on your media card containing the files to be sorted.
- Sort the existing files however you wish. ( You can use columns to sort OR View by icon and turn off AutoArrange, then drag files around to your desired order [favorites on top???])
- Select all files and CUT.
- Go back into your temporary folder and PASTE.
- The files will paste in your order.
- You can then remove the original (empty) folder and rename the new if necessary.
Short: move to another folder, move back.