NDSNews:2007-04-21 - Explosion of an Aeroplane 0.2.5
2007-04-21 - Explosion of an Aeroplane 0.2.5Explosion of an Aeroplane 0.2.5
(Download)Redid the 3D graphics, and some 2D graphics (like the HUD), because Jaakko just couldn't produce a thing. And now all the 3D is done using Blender, not with XSI. Markus added the airports, so no more falling and crashing at the start.
- The game screen now displays the changes in the connection to the server (CONNECTED, DISCONNECTED or SERVER TIMEOUT).
- Optimized HUD, bullet, collectable and particle drawing by using those geometry commands that reuse the previous Z.
- Redrew the HUD. The new one is more compact and takes less screen space. Also redrew the mines.
- Fixed scaling bugs in the HUD items.
- Exploding planes don't collect collectables.
- Collectables appear and disappear with a burst of particles.
- Cleaned up CHANGELOG.
- The gas and health meters in the HUD display the actual values with a small delay.
- Added brightness adjustment to the game configuration menu screen.
- The boot screen changes to credits screen when the first level has been loaded.
- Bombs, mines and missiles are activated a little later after being fired.
- Background layer airplanes aren't drawn on top of the front layer any more.
- Collectables are now drawn on top of the particles.
- Added a new multiplayer mode: collect stars (whoever collects all eight stars wins).
- It's not possible to change the menu screen while the boot screen is visible.
- Rewrote the code that checked who won and who lost in a network match.
- Made the red dot on the map a little brighter, so it should work better on the original DS.
- Added airports.
- Added cluster bombs.
- Incorporated dswifilib bugfixes (12-Apr-2007), and removed C99 style variable allocation from dswifilib.
- Recreated the planes using Blender, and now we have two versions of the planes: ingame planes with 55-65 triangles, and plane selection screen planes with 200-400 triangles each.
- Reprogrammed data sharing between ARM7 and ARM9.
- Y and A keys change the plane in the plane selection menu screen. Also adjusted the initial zooming and rotation values.
- The network match settings (level, game mode, all bullets do holes, gas, battery and the flight model) are now synchronized between the clients.
- When low on gas, the gas bar blinks, and when low on health the health bar blinks.
- If changing the plane model while the plane was exploding would make the plane remain as a fireball.
- Code cleanups: even less C99 style variable allocation from the stack, and made the interrupts use less stack.
also updated dswifilib-wf (My version of dswifilib with just UDP support). I cleaned up the code so it doesn't do C99 style variable allocation any more, and this seems to have made it crash a lot less (haven't been able to crash the game since).
Comment on this post.